OK... going rom 4- 7 ducks?? yes? no? please offer some insight

Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone,
So im really loving the 4 ducks right now.. the three ducklings and the adult.. now..should I take the plunge and get the 3 ducklings?
I really don't want to cancel on the welsh and silver ordered, bc who knows what happens to them..so then I figured, i will just add a cayuga!
So 3 more.. but that is 7.
some insight into the dynamics and do you think the work increases all that much? a part o me thinks it might actually be easier, as they will be a" flock."

Any thoughts would be so appreciated...

I loved my flock of 6 ladies following me around in a delightful line. I have 2 now, as they have aged and slowly passed away. The main negative difference for me between 6 and 2 is the amount of poop to clean up and the cost of veterinary bills.

Hi Thank you.
Also, given my eve ( my adult duck) has a minor disability, in that walking is a bit harder for her- I am worried - would there be more chance of her getting picked on bc she is “ weaker”. The funny thing is that she has always been the boss! Lol
So one fear is more ducks may lead to her getting picked on- what do you guys think ?

Hi Thank you.
Also, given my eve ( my adult duck) has a minor disability, in that walking is a bit harder for her- I am worried - would there be more chance of her getting picked on bc she is “ weaker”. The funny thing is that she has always been the boss! Lol
So one fear is more ducks may lead to her getting picked on- what do you guys think ?
It could. They definitely do single out the weak and bully them.

Back
Top Bottom