Ok I admit! I have a problem!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Citychick, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    I walked in the feed store and there they were the first batch of chicks! Of course I walked out with 3 of the little buggers! A buff orpington, a welsummer and a americana! My DH is NOT going to be impressed when he gets off of work! Sigh........Oh well. [​IMG]

2. sunnysidecluckers

sunnysidecluckers Chillin' With My Peeps

AWWW, Congrats!!! Have fun with them! Take a pic when you get a chance so we can all see the newcomers!!!

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    You have a problem!!! That's nothing. I have 60 chicks in my brooder, 11 5 week olds in one of my breeder coops, 13 girls that are laying. 20 sex-link chicks in the inside brooder. 20 eggs in the bator, and 2 doz buff orp eggs, some blue JG, and Blue orp eggs coming on march 3. Then I have orders in for BLRW eggs and Welsummer eggs coming. I HAVE A PROBLEM!! [​IMG]

4. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Yep D, you do indeed have a problem [​IMG] Oh wait, I'm not sure if it's funny or not [​IMG]

5. Citychick

Citychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2007
    Well I also have 31 eggs in the bator and my little coop is FULL! We are moving in the next month to five acres and a bigger house so I can't wait to expand and enjoy the country air. Right now we are in town and have great neighbors but I am not sure how long that would last if I had fourty chickens running around our back yard! One of my hamburgs jumped the fence the other day and I thought for sure the neighbors two labs were gonna have her for a snack, But between me the kids and the neighbors we got her caught and then she bit the neighbor when he reached over to scratch her head. She wasn't very appreciative I guess. [​IMG]

6. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Look on the upside....you restrained yourself at 3 babies! [​IMG] Im trying soooo hard to not get any babies this spring.

Enjoy those new peepers!
    Shannon

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    You are so lucky to be able to have 3 more!!!!! I cna't have anymore where I live so I can't even LOOK at those babies!! Kills me!! Lucky you!! [​IMG]

8. chickee35

chickee35 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2007
    Eagle, NE
    I am right there with ya! I went in to get some cracked corn and walked out with 9 RIRs and 4 more ducks! Uuugh! I didn't see the buff orpingtons! I may need to make a "secret trip" tommorow. :lol:lol We have so many, I'm sure that my husband wont even notice...right???? I sold some of my silkies yesterday so I am pretty sure that some new girls would be justified, right?????? [​IMG]

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    No, husbands never notice, lol!! [​IMG]

10. Littlecimarron18

Littlecimarron18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    Colorado
    i have been avoding the feed store...
    I AM ADDICTED TO CHICKENS,

if i go to the feed store i wont be able to buy gas......

*sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by