OK, I just have to laugh...MM Saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNKris

Songster
12 Years
Nov 1, 2007
I went out to the website to see if there was anything posted out there acknowledging the problem, and what do I find? No, there isn't a statement, but their prices have gone UP! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Come on...

Everything that I ordered is up $.05/chick or more since this last week. Nice...

yep that will show people not to buy from them! I would have at least put out some kind of warning to the customers but I guess not? I dont mean to bash the hatchery but they could have put out some kind of warning to let people know what is going on.

I wonder if someone called up as a new customer and asked if there is anything wrong before they buy from them. See what they say?

Last edited:
In all reality, the danger has probably passed. The owner told me that egg production picked up "a few weeks ago" so hopefully unsuspecting customers won't have the trouble we did.

However, this just really doesn't set too well with me. It's a good thing there are multiple public hatcheries and people willing to share their eggs privately. That way we each can make our own choices. This has been an eye opener for me, I will tell you that. It is amazing how big business works.

Last edited:
thats true MNKris. Hope all is well with that hatchery. I want to try MT. healthy as my first hatchery order. I am going to TSC and see the ameracaunas at the end of april
big_smile.png

Quote:
No business in their right mind is going to put up a statement saying they have defective goods. That would be suicide for sales. Is it ethical, maybe not, but the bottom line is MM is out to make a PROFIT.

If they are reimbursing customers for dead chicks, of course that loss in revenue is going to be passed on to the consumer.

Prices for chicks seem to be up at most places. Personally I would never buy hatchery chicks anyway. I'll stick to true show breeders because I want QUALITY birds anyways.

You're kidding, right?
hmm.png

Guess not... The site was down this past weekend for "updating software"...uh huh.
wink.png

I have been looking around too. I have heard a lot of great things about a bunch of difference hatcheries and some have really good prices, especially when you look at shipping. I can get some EEs through Hoovers when I get my meat chickens, so I will probably do that. I love those blue layers. The eggshells are awesome. I don't know what it is, but their shells are always the best shells in the bunch. They are hard, but crack clean. They are my favorite egg layers in terms of quality so far. Hoover's has always been great to work with too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom