1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok, into the pot or not??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by billy bantam, Jul 30, 2016.

1. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    This lil dude is being rude! Scareing and scaring younger flock members...im not sure his breed tho. I have 2 of them that are not high in the pecking order and are starting to bully younger birds. If they are a hard to find breed i will seperate them and find them girlfriends. If they are just common jerks, into the pot they go! Thanks for the input.

2. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    To my untrained eye he looks like a legbar rooster. I could be wrong as I know nothing of where you got him or what he was sold to you as.

3. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Well we bought some (as we like to call)"fancy" birds from a local "fancy" breeder. An assortment of 16 chicks. We love them all and if the problems keep up will prob sell the poor hormonal fool. Since then weve aquired 50 new hamps and buckeye pullets. The boss of the flock tries to keep him in check but like teenagers are hes acting out and others are getting hurt. Any advice??

4. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Anyone want a bird...? Lol

5. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Ok so they are silver legbars and i guess he will be sticking around for a lil while...wow hes going to be FANCY. THANKS FOR THE HELP 21hens-incharge...you just saved a life...lol.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    see how easily you could have cooked him -

1 person likes this.
  7. 21hens-incharge

21hens-incharge Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    Glad he gets a pardon!

8. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks for the input

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Looks like an EE mix cockerel

10. billy bantam

billy bantam New Egg

Mar 25, 2013
    Thanks for the info...What would be a good cross w him. We have new hamps, buckeyes, lavendar orphs,and copper marans hens. Or look for some particular breed to buy for them????????

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by