Ok - I've lost my noodle - what did I hatch?

Quote:
he is awesome!!!! - if that hatched from my flock - I have an intruder!!!!! and we live out in the middle of nowhere

here wild rooster - here!!! where are you
lau.gif
gig.gif

BigDaddy'sGurl :

And if you are closer to ME in NC, I will take it happily
big_smile.png

Honestly, it looks like a cochin to me. Wait....the chick has feathered legs or not? Can't tell from the pic

i'm in a small town called New London - and yes he does have feathered leg.​

looks like a frizzle cochin to me. I would have to say my best guess is he is kin to your red frizzle, and it is a possibility that there are some genes swimming around in the gene pool a couple generations ago maybe. You would be amazed at what you can end up with. I could show you pictures of my babies now and I am working on 4th generations now from what I started with but I know that both of the roos I started with 3 years ago were mixed so you may get one out of a group that looks totally normal and then another that comes out all crazy lol. It does tend to look partridge though, lucky you if it is, it will be a beauitmous birdy!

Quote:
I have yet to see an EE with feathered legs... that doesnt mean there arent any but she didnt say she had any EEs either. Atleast I dont think she did.....
idunno.gif

Quote:
I didnt think so lol. Now could it be possible that one of the d'uccles and your frizzles could well.... ya know... if so there is a possibility there I suppose.... lol maybe.... nature is WEIRD but I still say it may be genetic lines.

Back
Top Bottom