OK My Homemade Cabinet Incubator is finished!!! ( PIC HEAVY )

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by al6517, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Irajoe

Irajoe Songster

Jan 3, 2009
    South Carolina
    Or just place the eggs hatching first in the lower tray...beautiful work! [​IMG]

2. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Yes, I have one suggestion. You might wanna make one for your very dear friend who lives close enough to you in Southwest OK to pick it up....You know your friend who really really loves you alot and thinks you are just wonderful.... [​IMG]

Great job, Al...[​IMG]

I will do you one better my dear, I will pick up all the eggs you can carry and incubate them for you, Bring them to the Outback over a steak and a brew LOL.

AL

3. perrym1962

perrym1962 Songster

Oct 21, 2007
    Eastview, Ky..
    I think it looks great!!!

4. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    OKie dokie Temps and humidity are holding very well and have been for 2 days. So I set 41 eggs today, 3 silkies, 4 Light Bramhas, 4 Barred Hollands and the rest are Barred Rocks, Giant Buff Cochins, New Hampshire Reds, Black Australops, and RIR.

Hope I do it right ( fingers crossed ).

AL

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Now you are really tempting me, I bet it's wonderful, the mountains are my favorite place to relax.

AL

6. Oklahoma Lightning

Oklahoma Lightning Songster

Mar 3, 2009
    Twin Oaks
    Ne Okie and I am starting one today like yours.
    So, well have a ton of questions;)

7. jvls1942

jvls1942 Free Ranging

Oct 16, 2008
    wausau,wisconsin
    I hate to throw a wet blanket on this party.. before I do, I have to agree it is a super job.. and I hope it works well for you, and I think it will..

I notice that you do not have latches on the two doors.. do you have wather seal around those doors ? the heat and humidity might make the doors twist a bit.

You might want to watch for that and add two latches on each door to hold them from twisting.. I had this problem with my home-made bator..

8. Quote:I agree mine is warping a little even with 2 latches

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Holy cow! That is a beauty! I want one! LOL I'm going to have to show hubby this to see if he can make me one! I LOVE the pull out drawer and the candler!

10. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

OMG! That is gorgeous!

I had thought about using an end table like that or something to that effect for a brooder, but I am a horrid procrastinator and have not followed through.
    The very first thought that came to mind was, wow that is shiny! Then I wonder how much it would cost to line it with redwood to keep better heat and humidity! I have a brower redwood lined incubator and I LOVE IT. Keeps heat even when you open it up. I guess the redwood is enough to keep the heat contained.

Oh and ingenious with the built in candler, can you put different size pieces on that like if you wanted to candle a quail egg versus a goose egg?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: