OK,NOT chicken related...but APPLE TREE related!

Cynthia.....Ohhhh boy! Time to load the pantry but good!! I am Sooo glad we got the wood stove in FINALLY! Going to try it out tonight...supposed to get down to 43 degrees here. Brrrr....but GOOD!!
My mother has the Old Farmers Almanac....said for our area...Dont be surprised if we get a BLIZZARD in February! Ohhh jeesh! Time to move the wood piles CLOSER to the house. LOL Glad there is a wood stove in the shop...that will keep the chickens warmer too! Thier coop is a lean-to on the shop.

MORE!??? LOL We have 4 chords already...at least I think they are chords.....they are about 12 feet long and 4 ft high rows.....and we have about that much more that still needs split. UGH. If I go through that and need more....DH will NOT be happy! LOL

Are we discussing recently planted trees or trees that have been in the ground for a couple of years or more? My first thought was that someone bought nursery stock shipped in from the southern hemisphere.

Rufus

Yes, I have a feeling this is not a good sign. I live in Phoenix, and we have had frost about twice in the last 30 years. We had one night of frost last winter that did in about half of my wife's plants. The jungle was no more.

Some areas of the valley never seem to get frost, other areas are more in danger. As the city grows, a heat island is created by all of the concrete and asphalt.

Rufus

Here its still in the 90's. I've lived in Texas for 13 years now and I still kept hoping that September will be cool. This hasn't been a bad summer, lots of rain and hardly any 100 degree days, but I'm ready for it to be done. Think of me when you put your feet up near the fire. I'd love to open the windows and sleep in cool fall air.

The almanac was wrong about last winter though. We too have still had 90's and low's in the 60's -70's but they are saying it MAY get down inthe 40's Sunday night. Crap, I will be ready to go huntin'!!!!!! When it gets cold there are two things that just hit me: Christmas shopping and hunting. I guess I'll stick with hunting cause I'm too broke to be shopping LOL. I have been thinking that after the past two summers being so dry and hot that we will be in for it this winter too.

Back
Top Bottom