ok, so i'm new and i need a bit of help with my chooks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponygirly306

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 24, 2008
I am moving this topic to the "what breed or gender is this" forum section

Hi I'm ponygirly306,
i have 3 chickens [ more about them in my signature]
and as you can see i have labeled my isa brown as an 'it'.

I would really find it helpful and would appreciate it greatly if someone could post a picture of an isa brown for me, in a little while i will post a picture of my isa brown, who is more fondly known as "Ninja" for short or "Ginger Ninja" in full. i have lots of questions and i will post them in a while or so.

thanks, much appreciated,
ponygirly306

Last edited:
Hi,
I also have three hens, just not an isa brown, but I did want to give you a heartfelt "Welcome!"

Great folks, with lots of help and experience to help make your chicken adventure an enjoyable one.

Orchidchick

thanks! I'm sure this forum will bring me loads of valuable experience from others!!

well 'it's' brown with a big comb and a white tail and i can see a lot of its legs and it sort of clucks but not like the hens do...

16191_image008.jpg

16191_image015.jpg

How old is it? It looks like my 2 Isa Brown pullets, just a little bit older. Someone correct me if I am wrong, please, but I am sure it is a pullet.

Last edited:
well, i bought 'it' from the market and the guy said it was around a year old

i am quite confused at the moment. cause i searched isa brown roosters on the internet and they all had nice white tails like ninja here and the hens seemed to have brown, shorter tails...

so my wyandotte has just started to lay, and she is broody, so i have left an egg under her (which i have marked so i know which egg to leave when i go out to collect the eggs each day) and i am going to leave it until friday (have left it under there since sunday) and then i will candle it to see if there is any little chickies
tongue.png

which, to me is a sure fire way to know if there is a rooster or a hen taking up residence in our coop!
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom