Ok so take a look at this please!!!!

chickenlady08

Songster
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
Eastern Shore, VA
I found this in the coop this morning not in a nesting box but over by the door of the one coop. I have just discovered that I have 1 confirmed female of my 2 Embden geese. Is this possible that this is her first egg or is this just a massive chicken egg?

37732_2011-02-16_15-55-13_666.jpg

This is right out of the coop so sorry it isn't clean. It measures 3 inches long.

37732_2011-02-16_10-30-15_452.jpg

this is compared with a very good sized RSL egg.

does anyone know what color eggs a Embden goose lays? white or brown?

thanks so much in advance!

Thanks you guys. I am not sure of why I even thought it was a chicken egg. I even got my little leghorn to make sure she was ok. lol Poor Jill didn't like that to much.

I am so excited esp since I just discovered that I have a confirmed female.

My Khaki Campbell drake Maxwell and my Cayaugo drake Martin were grabbing her neck and I had never saw them do this before and she just submitted to them and sat down. Oh my I have pictures and I was kinda embarrassed of pictures of Maxwell climbing on top of her in the kiddie pool the other day.

I just thought that Spring was the time to start laying eggs for them. that thing is huge and quite heavy. I don't want to crack it at all. lol

thanks again! Now I just have to figure out if the other one is a girl or boy.

one more question, if the other embden is a Gander wouldn't he be trying to mount her instead of my drake? wouldn't he try to knock the drake off of her? I think it is another girl which I am fine with. now I get to possibly order a gander and some ducks for my two drakes.

Right size, shape, and color for an Emden, looking at the eggs from mine.

I'd be willing to bet you have two geese, if the other is over seven months or so and allowing drakes to mount your goose! Unless they are petrified of the drakes (I only say that because I actually DID have a young pair of ganders who had been chased by drakes and were afraid of them until the ganders reached about a year old, but that was an odd situation, IMO).

Quote:
to be honest I don't think that my geese are afraid of my drakes. My Cayuago is funny though. when he is coming their way they move away from him but I don't see Martin chasing them away. They are huge campared to Martin. haha

thank you again. the other doesn't seem to have any interest in the goose but my Livestock supply store owner says that she probably hasn't matured and isn't interested in that yet.

This morning my Khaki Campbell was on top of my goose. Honestly! that makes me and my kids laugh so much to see this little drake sitting on top of her.
I really wish I had a gander and a goose so I didn't have to find a gander now. I don't want to get a baby, but where I live noone raises them so I guess a goshling will have to do and I will also get some girls for my KC and Cayuago drakes.

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom