OK these 2 are confusing me.... Your thoughts...

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
So I have 3 chicks I am trying to figure out if they are Roos or not.. They are 13-14 weeks old!!!

This is my red boy - I know for sure hes all boy...

Now this is my little Black EE mix.. No Red, No Spurs, and saddle feathers appear to be curved - but dang that tail looks boyish...

And this is my white EE mix chick.. Im praying it was a hen, but Im thinking boy.. Just b/c of the red comb.. Other than that no spurs and saddle feathers appear to be curved. Also he/shes tail looks like a hens, no "rooish" feathers like the red above!!!

BlazeJester

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midway, GA
White is a definite boy. Girls don't get that red color on their wings, and the combs wouldn't be as developed or as red. The black EE looks like a girl to me.

kari_dawn

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
North Texas
I have also heard that three row pea combs are very typical of boys
hmm.png
First one looks like a roo, second, Im going with pullet for now, and third I say roo.

mommto3kiddos

Songster
8 Years
Mar 9, 2011
Well the white boy is lucky hes cute b/c I swore I wouldn't keep a Roo, but I think he will be staying...lol And his comb has been red since he was like 2 weeks old.. Also that is so cool about the red on his wings being an indicator, learn something new everyday!! Thanks

hschweitzer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 20, 2011
My (not so) vast experience has led me to not make a call until it either lays an egg, or crows. Or does both, then you're super lucky!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom