ok to only have females?

Aug 3, 2020
West Palm Beach, Florida
I'm planning on keeping only 3 button hens as pets (I've already found a home for the extra birds unless any of you are close to WPB and would like). Will these 3 birds suffer not having a male? I know the birds will go through separation anxiety when I give away the extras, but will having 3 sisters and myself be enough for them? (I will be very hands on once they dry as I did with my Coturnix & Jumbo White previously) Am I overthinking this? These birds will be in a cage in my room - based on my experience with quail roosters in the past I cannot bring that kind of noise into my Brother's home (females are not as noisy).

Now that I think about it, I incubated & raised a Jumbo White (or is it Texas A&M) and left for my ex when we separated. in July she'll be 1 year. should she have a friend? she seams to be fine, just very mean when she's broody.

Thank you in advance for any guidance

Should I get a friend for my Jumbo White hen? Even though I hatched/raised her same as my first baby Qro (my avatar pic) she's VERY independent & at times, aggressive. I now wonder if that's because she's lonely?

When Qro was alive we had several discussions about if she was lonely or not as she was the only egg that hatched (my first) so she was never exposed to another bird. She had close and different relationships with my spouse and I. But Misa was born with 5 brothers and sisters (that I gave to a friend) and I sometimes wonder if I should get another quail for her. thank you for your attention

Attachments

• misa cruz.jpg
    misa cruz.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
Should I get a friend for my Jumbo White hen? Even though I hatched/raised her same as my first baby Qro (my avatar pic) she's VERY independent & at times, aggressive. I now wonder if that's because she's lonely?

When Qro was alive we had several discussions about if she was lonely or not as she was the only egg that hatched (my first) so she was never exposed to another bird. She had close and different relationships with my spouse and I. But Misa was born with 5 brothers and sisters (that I gave to a friend) and I sometimes wonder if I should get another quail for her. thank you for your attention
I think you should

Back
Top Bottom