Ok to remove eggs from bator? Or wait?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken-owner-31, Jan 11, 2011.

1. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I'm on day 13. Candled last night and out of 6, I'm thinking there's something going on in only 2, MAYBE 3 of them. The reason I think this is because I can't see into 2 of them and the third, the yolk part looks like it's taking up most of the egg.....so I'm willing to let that one try.

The other 3 when candled look basically like they did when I put them in, with the exception of the air sack being a bit bigger. It almost seems like the yolk "moves" in there when I turn the egg, it slowly rotates to the top. Can I assume that these 3 are duds are remove them?

I would leave them in there, but since they are so big, they rest on each other, which is causing problems for my turner. I have them in the Brinsea mini advance.

I definitely don't want to remove anything that might be trying, do these three sound like they are not developing? Thanks!!!

2. aka Rachel

aka Rachel Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah kinda sounds like they're not doing anything.

I like to candle after day 10 because I find you can really see the difference between those that never started and the ones that have. I like it obvious! haha.

I think even if you're not that good at knowing what your seeing when you candle, the difference is (to me) as easy as a light inside egg vs dark inside. On day 10 or after anyway!

3. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Thanks Rachel!

I HATE second guessing myself. I may try to take candling pics and show them on here so I don't accidentally throw out a good egg. I very highly doubt the three at least are doing anything....they never developed veins or anything. Only the one did develop veins, but I'm scared I've killed it or something because I can't see it moving in there. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by