Ok to remove eggs from bator? Or wait?

chicken-owner-31

Songster
12 Years
Nov 7, 2007
NV
I'm on day 13. Candled last night and out of 6, I'm thinking there's something going on in only 2, MAYBE 3 of them. The reason I think this is because I can't see into 2 of them and the third, the yolk part looks like it's taking up most of the egg.....so I'm willing to let that one try.

The other 3 when candled look basically like they did when I put them in, with the exception of the air sack being a bit bigger. It almost seems like the yolk "moves" in there when I turn the egg, it slowly rotates to the top. Can I assume that these 3 are duds are remove them?

I would leave them in there, but since they are so big, they rest on each other, which is causing problems for my turner. I have them in the Brinsea mini advance.

I definitely don't want to remove anything that might be trying, do these three sound like they are not developing? Thanks!!!

Yeah kinda sounds like they're not doing anything.

I like to candle after day 10 because I find you can really see the difference between those that never started and the ones that have. I like it obvious! haha.

I think even if you're not that good at knowing what your seeing when you candle, the difference is (to me) as easy as a light inside egg vs dark inside. On day 10 or after anyway!

Thanks Rachel!

I HATE second guessing myself. I may try to take candling pics and show them on here so I don't accidentally throw out a good egg. I very highly doubt the three at least are doing anything....they never developed veins or anything. Only the one did develop veins, but I'm scared I've killed it or something because I can't see it moving in there.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom