Ok, Tylan 50. Questions...

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Jeffross1968, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Ok, I'm going to cave and just assume my flock is getting sick. I have 3 brown leghorns which all or one have been sick for at least a couple weeks. Now I have a speckled sussex with strange issues (check other thread from today that includes video). I really don't want to wait until it's too late.

Reading through threads, I see mention of MG, MS, and ILT. Though the birds currently showing symptoms have very few (the leghorns might actually be improving the last couple days), that include only a little rattling and sneezing, reading up on CRD's have me freaking out. I know people who have just let it run it's course and go on with their lives. We, however, would be devastated if we lost our flock, all or part.

So, Tylan 50...this bottle HERE from TSC. I have 9 laying age hens and 1 5 or 6 month old roo in our main coop/run, who free range every day all day. We also have 4 twelve or so week old pullets in a smaller coop, who just yesterday we started letting out to free range with the others. Who shall I dose with the Tylan? All 14? How is this administered? Can it be added to water? Shall I keep them in the coop to make sure that's the only drinking they are doing? What kinds of things will Tylan treat in chickens? All respiratory issues, inlcuding ILT?

If there is something better (not denagard though as it's not available anywhere around here), please let me know? I basically have a TSC and that's it, so if you are going to suggest something else, it would be great if you could point me in the right direction on the TSC website.

Freaked out!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    I could really use some advice this morning about this. We'll be heading to TSC in a few hours. Thanks!

3. ky-chicken-farmer

ky-chicken-farmer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    i know in turkeys, tylan is injected into the breast. If it was me i would call 2-3 local vets and ask them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by