okay ill change it so theres no issues. Hatching eggs now ??? Anyone .

My incubator is up and running.
just had these little darlings hatch this morning. They are from a porcelian silkie roo, and a buff or porcelian hen. These are the first I've hatched since my accident in June. For a hatchaholic like me , its been a long wait !!

12879_picture_001jpg7.jpg

This is dad
12879_youngporcelianroo.jpg

Moms

12879_porcelian_hen.jpg

12879_buffhen2.jpg

i just found my broody bantam hen on two eggs, it's her first, mine too. were into day 4. i'm still learning, and about to go jump into the information on what i need to do for her. hey can chicks be ok out side during this season? she's in her barrle out in the pen, i'm letting her hatch her own. that is ok right? anywho, congratulations, our will be a mix between our top rooster Col. Pant a silkie n her bantam!

Ohhhhhhh I love those cinnamon queens! And that silkie roo......how handsome! I thought I would be happy with frizzles...might need to branch out...
he.gif

Quote:
Now see that is the problem. Its addicting. First we want other breeds , then we need more chicken houses, I already have 4 breeds, and 10 pens and 2 in my garage !! LOL !!
D.gif

I have 11 (after candling and culling the non developers) black Australorps due to hatch on the 19th. My husband thinks I am nuts for hatching in the winter. I agree, but I am not going to let him know that. LOL

I raise cinnamon queens and those are the best laying (GIGANTIC EGGS) hens I ever saw. Oh and they are very sweet natured.

great pictures. Thank you
good gravy.now something new I have to try.................

I have a 1/2 cuckoo marans 1/2penedesenca roo over my cuckoo hens.
Am hoping it will increase the dark color of thier eggs........
May be not,and it will be awhile before I can evaluate.
He is one knock out beautiful rooster......

Cannot send pics till my new computor gets here.the 22nd.

Also have been toying with my Astrolrp roo over RIR hens...for production.
I know it works in sheep
smile.png
and it keeps me out of mischief.
good luck everyone

Great now I looked up the cinnamon queens and am really thinking I need to add some of those for egg production...I was leaning toward the austrolop (I have one and she is much sweeter then my RIR) EGADS what to do!

Back
Top Bottom