Aug 13, 2010
Absarokee, Montana
idunno.gif

idunno.gif

idunno.gif

idunno.gif

idunno.gif

idunno.gif

Okay they are three days late my Button quail what should I do. Everything is still okay like temp, and humidity etc etc. Should I help them or wait?

What day are you on? From what I have read on this forum and others button quail eggs can be a few days one way or the other. If your temps are off even a degree or two it can delay hatching. So I'd say wait another day or two. What have you got to loose?

What day are you on? If my buttons don't all hatch by day 17 I help them out, I had one pip and zip and then die and with in 5 minutes. I helped it out and it was already dead, and then I helped another one out that had pipped and then quit and it was barely alive but he perked up.
I would help them out NOW! Best Of Luck!
fl.gif
hugs.gif

NEVER help out a chick. They will most likely die within a day or so. If they don't hatch, they weren't meant to be. It is more devastating to help out a chick to not see it hatch. If it's pipping and half way out and can't get out because a membrane dried up, then you can gently pull out BUT if there is no pip, nothing...no helping. Trust me. It isn't worth it.

Quote:
AMEN AND WELL PUT

Very good advice!
BlueBirdChick, I would double check my temperature and humidity in that brooder.

Back
Top Bottom