Okay, these are frizzle mutts. But what I thought was a hen is now making me wonder if its a dude??

Wink

Songster
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Texas
So I bought some chickens off of Craigslist...they were advertised as silkie mixes, very young. Well, the post had been up for awhile, so they were supposedly 5 weeks old. No new photos. I agreed to take all of them (including the roosters) if they would lower the price.

I am no chicken expert. But these do not look like silkies to me. They seem like frizzle mixes with polish crested and whatever else. Maybe I am wrong. However, the ones that are definitively roosters have the large red wattles, developed combs. the one in question seems to be in the middle....comb isn't red, the wattles are red but not as developed, but MORE developed than the other female counterparts.

I am giving my friend the boys...but I didn't know if I should be holding on to this one or not. I will post the 2 boys and the one in question!

BOY

DUDE!

Chicken in question!

Any ideas???

Yes, I was afraid of that. I was thrown off because his crown wasn't bright red but still black. But it's not a pronounced as the brothers, and isn't as small as the definitive girl. Dang. I can't keep Roos!

It's a boy. He and one of the other boys pecked each other and ruffled up their hackles. Bummer!

Back
Top Bottom