Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lau.gif
now that brings images to mind! one question though- is heat lamps necessary or would the chickens be acclimated to this cold??
hu.gif

My birds have all been put into big barns this winter all breeds mingling with the others staying warm with cozy heaters and heat lamps. I am not sure what the coming cold might do to them being that there so spoiled as it is. So instead of putting them back getting the hens all mixed up again with diff breeds of roosters. I just put lamps out and kept them seperated by breeds and will continue to do so threw the cold.

ahh...that makes sense, i tend to worry about those fluffy butts!! should we be vaselining combs to keep from frostbite?

Quote:
This first chapter of Okies in the BYC has been wonderful and I am looking forward to seeing how long it takes the second chapter of the Okies in the BYC thread to become the longest thread - again. This thread began 11/28/2007 and has a wealth of information in it. I am glad that it will be "archived" so that we can search it for tips we recall from past posts. I have found the new thread - and am looking forward to a chat night in the near future.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5587718#p5587718
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I would like to take the opportunity at this time to offer up a word of thanks and gratitude to all the wonderful members of our Beloved okies thread. for those of you who may not know the rich history of our thread, I would say that it is by far the most friendly, helpful, encouraging, sincere group of folks I have ever had the pleasure to know. We have for a long time been the most active tight knit group in this entire forum with our old thread surpassing 740 pages and over 55,000 post. I would like to encourage all of our members to keep this wonderful tradition alive and well.

Monty and myself along with many other trusted and Loyal members
love.gif
have worked tirelessly over the years to keep this great thread alive and as many of you know we have had our work cut out for us many times, with having to save the thread from destruction, but we do it gladly for we have the best folks anybody can call friends
bow.gif
. So with that said I bid this old and trusted friend Okies in the BYC goodbye
hit.gif
as I will now move to our brand new fancy home , please come and join me won't you
frow.gif

AL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom