*** OKIES in the BYC ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Im thinking he *may* be a calico..Since hes blue splash with splashes of red too?! Its pretty...but i dont think there is a calico gene...so if hes calico im sure its just some odd ball color, I suppose its what happens when you let them breed with just whomever....which im assuming thats what feed store chickens do. Who knows...I thought it was neat any-hoo. Hes the one im trying to find a home for. sweet lil guy! Maybe Betsy will know.

It looks like a splash, but with unusual coloring. Splashes are solid colored at hatch and develop the splashes as they mature. Calico is somewhat like a very brightly colored partridge with very light neck plumage. Paint is a newly-developing pattern; the black patches appear in the down at hatch. Interesting bird for sure.

Yea..I have no idea. never seen one like him. He use to be solid blue until now. His blue is spotty and now the red? Who knows. Still looking for his new home....Craigs list hasnt helped any. He may be at poops. Do you think someone there would want him? I hate to drag him all that way only to drag him back home.
idunno.gif

Quote:
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

You have found a wonderful group of folks who either live in Oklahoma or wish they lived in Oklahoma
big_smile.png
Some of our folks from the Broken Arrow area will want to give you advice on neighborhoods to consider/avoid. There is a thread on BYC that has chicken laws for many cities and what they allow within the city limits.
It is a "sticky" called Chicken "Lore" (Laws & ordinances & Rights and Entitlements) and there is a cool interactive map that allows you to click on your state, then your city, to get the rules

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=310268

Good afternoon Okies. Hope everyone is doing well. Been too long sense ive been on but should be a regular again now.
Had a rough day though as i had to have my winnie dog Hermione put down at the vet. Not sure what went wrong lost controll of her back legs and got worse for a week and had about 8 seizures last nite, couldnt take it anymore. Was best for her but still extremely hard decision. On a good note ive got some blue butcher game chicks hatching out as I speak. 4 outa 8 so far with number 9 dead in shell. Hate it when that happens.

Quote:
I have Dark Shamo and Light Saipan Jungle Fowl. Both beautiful breeds.

I am really liking my shamos, the verdict is still out on the aseels, they need a lot of handling...

I adore my asils, great birds, calm & the stag talks to you when he sees you. The pullet doesn't go crazy attacking me when I put feed & water down for her babies.

Love my brazillian stag, he's very people friendly.

Thanks Cuban realy likely these game chickens ive got. Only got a handful. My wife is behind me doctoring a blue butcher hen that was attacked. She is quite the chicken doctor. I was realy suprised at the size of game hen eggs as well. Bigger than my blue orps eggs i can tell you that lol and not even half the size of them fat gals either.

Quote:
Quote:
I vote for muscovy ducks instead
thumbsup.gif
We bought some muscovies last fall from Maribeth and they've been laying very well. We have our first ducklings to hatch a few days ago! We should have some available for sale at POOPS if the next batch is as successful as this was. So far, fertility has been 100%, but some stopped developing part way. Muscovy ducks are big and don't make much noise. Well, they will hiss at you when they want you to leave them alone! Oh, and when Gerald empties the mouse traps, they love the extra protein!

do you have any problem with them flying?? have heard that is a problem with them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom