Okies Talking About Everything!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Stimpy, Oct 10, 2009.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Stimpy : Ok I will head to blanchard tonight, it is my first time at Blanchard so I need spec's and how to get there.

AL

2. okcarla

okcarla Seriously Downsizing (NOT)

Feb 12, 2008
    Tuttle, Oklahoma
    Wow [​IMG]

I just got up not too long ago since I'm having to work 7 days a week, 10 hour days - MANDATORY OVERTIME & don't get home til 3 am. Oh, but I do get a day off on Monday due to it being a government holiday. At least they decided we can have one day off.

Our birds sure are cold. Too many are in hutches, and most don't have a nice warm place to go hide. I feel sorry for them.

I can't talk Gerald into going to the Blanchard auction. In fact, he's got the mindset that he doesn't want to go to any more auctions. [​IMG]

CleoChick, I'm glad you're feeling better and sure happy the baby's not sick too. My daughter just had some virus too, and luckily her baby seems to be protected since she's also breastfed.

Hi everyone else [​IMG]

Now, I'd better go take care of some critters before I have to leave for work again.

3. faerielady

faerielady Songster

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Good afternoon Okies! I'm wandering back towards this thread simply because y'all are so entertaining to watch.

I have eggs due to hatch today, but have been having monstrous problems with the 'bator (homemade job out of a styrofoam cooler) so I have no high hopes. Just gonna try to keep an eye on them. [​IMG]

That will be kinda difficult tonight though since I have to work from 3:30pm-close (9:30ish pm) at an arts & crafts store on the southside of OKC. [​IMG]

4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We will be cheering for the eggs!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  5. Buster52

Buster52 Songster

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    Quote:Hey, Al. Take I-44 to Chickasha exit 83 (Hwy 62) to County Line Road just this side of Blanchard and make a right. You can tell County Line Rd. because the rodeo grounds are right there.

The auction is less than a mile south on your LEFT hand side in a big purple metal building.

Hope to see you there.

[Edited because I can't tell my left from my right now days.]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. Buster52

Buster52 Songster

Jan 28, 2009
    Geronimo Oklahoma
    Quote:Tell him they got a pill for that.

7. faerielady

faerielady Songster

Sep 10, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I guess there's a good part to working tonight... miss the auction, don't buy birds I don't have a coop for yet. Bad enough that if any of these hatch, I will be building another coop in the middle of winter.

Who am I kidding? I'll be building another stealth coop anyway. [​IMG]

8. culveya

culveya Hatching

Sep 29, 2009
    Anybody know if there still is a small animal auction in Idabel, Oklahoma.

9. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Songster

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    GQF offers their wafer/switch combo for about 30 dollars and it will hold temps better. Plus there are often ragged incubators at sales that often go for under 20 that you could take the electrics out of.

Is the bator on the floor? that can influence temps as can drafts from vents or even sunlight shining in from a window.

10. nnbreeder

nnbreeder Songster

Jun 22, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:There is a poultry show in Idabell today but I don't know where it is located. Usuaaly there are birds for sale at shows.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: