Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

They sure are Stacy! Some friends are traveling with them - my black mottled Japanese bantams must have overheard Thursday night's pep talk, as they popped out 3 eggs for me after not laying at all in almost a week! I added those in to the box just for fun. Don't worry, I marked them, so you won't have to guess which is which!
frow.gif

I am out of town right now, but when I left the girls were laying like crazy! My housesitter is collecting eggs for me - I get home tomorrow night so we'll see how productive they were!

I cracked open a few eggs to check fertility, and I was amazed at the size yolk. This is my first bantam breed, so I have question. I have my Olandsk Dwarfs in the coop/run with all of my other chickens. The only other male I have right now is a huge 6 month old English Type Orp. I have never seen the Orp breed with any of my other chickens... he is kinda slow moving since he so big. He just started crowing a few weeks ago. I am not planning on selling any eggs just yet, but might do a few test hatches. Everyone is getting along so well I hate to separate them. Is it even possible for the English Orp to "breed with" the Olandsk Dwarf hens?

Back
Top Bottom