Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Five eggs set to hatch tomorrow.
smile.png
more next week. I am still not getting that many eggs. How many eggs are you all getting a week per hen? Any suggestions?
We're getting 5-7 eggs a day from 8 hens (no idea who's laying what or when). They seem to like the sunshine over the clouds, but that's nothing controllable, at least here in Western WA!

when i hatched mine from Cheryl Horning eggs, the one that looked like a chipmunk was a hen and the one that eas just yellow, was a roo. does this mean that these are auto sexable?
Dwarfs aren't autosexing or sex-linked, unfortunately. They will vary a bit in coloring since they're a landrace, but you could get a chipmunk roo or a yellow hen, too.

I received this little mystery chick yesterday. I'm trying to figure out what it is. The eggs the person got that it could have hatched out from are russian orloff, legbars, tolblunt, olandsk dwarf, basque, and d'uccle. After looking at all the breeds and chick pics of them I'm thinking it might be a olandsk dwarf. Does it look like it could be to you guys? (it's the lighter one, the chicks around it are seramas)

I received this little mystery chick yesterday. I'm trying to figure out what it is. The eggs the person got that it could have hatched out from are russian orloff, legbars, tolblunt, olandsk dwarf, basque, and d'uccle. After looking at all the breeds and chick pics of them I'm thinking it might be a olandsk dwarf. Does it look like it could be to you guys? (it's the lighter one, the chicks around it are seramas)

those dont look like seramas to me... beaks too long. seramas have rounder beaks... look at my serama hen in my profile pic

Back
Top Bottom