Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

will you be selling eggs from these at a later date? if so, id be very interested in purchasing some of these!

thanks!!!

We had a very successful hatch this spring 9 out of 12 eggs we got from Greenfire Farms hatched. All are growing out beautifully, we ended up with 3 Cockerels and 6 Pullets. They are sweet, fun little birds who spend all day free ranging at our Micro-Farm in South Jersey. We are getting rid of one pair (16 wks old), not mating or laying yet. This particular roo is not even crowing yet either, although the "lead" roo from his hatch has been crowing daily for about a month! Here are some photos of our two (Leif and Hildi)

Hildi (hen on the left) has lots of reds and whites, while Leif (roo on the right) has mostly black and white on the body, but his hackles are coming in bright orange/red

Hildi (these photos are from about a week ago)

Leif (his comb and wattles will grow much bigger, his "big brother" from the same hatch already looks like the poster child for Greenfire Farms!)

As I said, they are direct hatches from Greenfire Farms eggs. They hatched the 1st couple days of May and are at approx 16 weeks. They must go as a pair and I can ship or meet a buyer in person within 2 hr drive of Philadelphia, Pa.

PM me if you are interested!

im in nothern nj i love these birds i wonder how they look next to a A sized serama whats bigger they look so tiny i wonder how they would look if crossed with a serama and an OD that would be interesting.

The breed isnt a true serama those are only found in malasia and some very hard to find people. The reason we werent given the real thing was due to bird flu the breed was heavily impacted and many were culled leaving very few so the breeders just gave the old original and not the true original bird. So what you mostly would see around is ayam kate and ayam kapan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtryst 

Anyone want 3 Roos? 4 weeks old, 3 Roos out of five eggs that hatched!
LOL!!  I got 3 roos from 3 eggs!!!
Bummer...at least I got two girls? I don't feel so bad now.

I don't want your Roos.. Sorry! But could you post the pic because I can't find four to six weekers pictures ANYWHERE to sex the two I have at home!
One is quite larger in size and weight but the combs are the same. Little to no color or growth...

boys, girls or pair. 5 weeks. I think girls... But am new to OD .

Is there anywhere you can get Olandsk Bantams as chicks? I am very interested in this breed and would like a few, but since I am in the city and can only have a limited number at once buying an incubator is not an investment I can justify. I could potenially put eggs under a broody at my parents house, but I like my chickens being tame and I have found most hatched by other chickens arent very interested in people. Thats also mu issye with started pullets - firstly the price, second I cant really control how friendly they end up being.

Back
Top Bottom