Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Do you have other bantams? I find that my Olandsk boys are similar in song to my OEGB rooster. A bit less "shrill" than my Japanese bantam boys, and not as deep and robust (if a bantam roo's crow can be deep and robust) as my bantam cochins.

Defnitely not as loud or robust as a large fowl rooster, but because bantams tend to be a bit higher pitched the sound can still travel pretty well. My boys all sleep in the garage at night so that the neighbors uphill from me don't have a rude awakening at 4:00 a.m.!

Last edited:
My only rooster ever was a HUGE missexed Austrolorp from Ideal. He was a VERY loud boy, so I don't have any idea how loud other breeds are. Anybody know how many decibels they measure at? I know there are free decibel apps for some phones... Thank you by the way for answering so fast :)

Even if they are loud, they are just so adorable, I might get a pair and have them sleep inside at night (although I don't know how a roo would respond to being separated from his ladies, haha!). :)

Just looked on my iPhone and sure enough, there are a bunch of free decibel apps! I am going to download some and see what kind of reading I get from the different apps on my roosters. Cool experiment in the works! I'll check in tomorrow with the results.

They get used to having a seperate motel room. They just step back onto my arm at night, sit meekly there while I walk to the garage, and hop into their appointed cage. Makes those morning reunions just that much more exciting! (picture a sweet young hen, innocently minding her own business, enjoying a nice peaceful breakfast, a cup of...um...water, a bit of grazing, when all of a sudden it is 9:00 and HERE COMES LOVERBOY!!!!!) I have to keep a good hold on the boys when I place them in their pens in the morning - they are definitely ready to go!

You can hear our boy a few posts back. He is s l o w l y improving
lol.png

I don't have an incubator right now but thanks for the offer
big_smile.png
. There wasn't anything you could do. They are all getting so big the one is already growing in some orange hackle feathers. Looks like I'l be in the same boat as you with 3-4 extra cockerals. The swedish flower cockeral is growing nicely I just bought two pullets of the auction to go with him.

Back
Top Bottom