Old abandoned Coop pic

shirky

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Portland, Oregon
I find myself looking around for coops and noticing them more often. I ran into this old coop just a few miles North of Sedona, Arizona while hiking on The West Fork Trail, just a 1/4 mile from the parking lot.

40893_img_2979.jpg

40893_img_2980.jpg

40893_img_2982.jpg

I bet that was one amazing coop when it was up and running! To bad it is in the condition it's in now.
smile.png

That is very cool! It really takes you back. Every time I see an old abandoned home or farm building I always try to imagine what the peoples lives were like. All the babies born in those shacks, all the tough winters (in Montana) and the dreams that were dreamt. Around here they just leave them standing in the fields and farm right around them until they fall down.

Oh wow! Totally neato!! How many girls do you suppose they had? That's a lot of nest boxes in there! We have a couple of old abandoned homesteads out here too, complete with barns and separate coops. The next time I'm out that direction, I'll see if I can get some pictures of that coop and add it to yours. It would be very interesting to see other abandoned coops from around the country. Some of those old settlers had some great ideas!

Very interesting. It would be great to see photos of other old hen houses/coops! Now we will all be on the lookout..... I love the little door; those bricks certainly would have kept out predators.

Back
Top Bottom