Old chickens vs new ones

yellowpliszka

In the Brooder
May 2, 2016
Four months ago I bought 4 new chickens, they old enough to lay eggs. But they do not do it yet. Old chickens do not allow them to enter chicken coop at night. All new ones her been sleeping outside on the coop. How to make them living in peace? Another problem is that all chicken stop laying eggs. I don't know why, same food and water as before. I will appreciate any suggestions.

Four months ago I bought 4 new chickens, they old enough to lay eggs. But they do not do it yet. Old chickens do not allow them to enter chicken coop at night. All new ones her been sleeping outside on the coop. How to make them living in peace? Another problem is that all chicken stop laying eggs. I don't know why, same food and water as before. I will appreciate any suggestions.
Hello yellowpliszka. Welcome to BYC.
Two roost bars in the coop sometimes helps.

many birds have stopped laying now because the days are shortening and molting has started. How many 2-3 yr old birds have you got?

Chicken run aruis 15 x 12. Chocken coop is 8x8. Chockens are 2-3 years old. I do live in NJ
They are already getting to be older hens as far as production goes. Most produce well their first and second season than fall off after that. What breeds? Some like sex links can burn out and quit completely. Feeding a higher protein feed will help them to molt and optimize production if and when they return to production. Unfortunately their best egg laying years are already behind them.

Back
Top Bottom