Old English mix?

Fluffnpuff

Songster
8 Years
Nov 6, 2012

Can anyone give me an idea what breed this rooster is? I bought him at a flea market last summer so i doubt he is a pure breed. I was thinking it might be an old english mix. For size comparison, the hen to the left behind him is a grown dark cornish hen.

He's not pure, whatever he may be. I do not think he is an immediate faverolles cross since he lacks a beard, and leg feathering, which would show up in a first generation cross.

Looks like a Salmon Faverolle!
clap.gif

Not a faverolle, they have 5 toes, a beard and muffs. He looks like a dorking, a golden duckwing one.

Uhh...crap both of those have five toes.
hide.gif
Umm, lets go for calling him a pretty mix.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Of course, dorkings have 5 toes, too
wink.png

Yes, he looks salmon, but NOT a faverolle. Type is WAY off for that. Ditto for Old English, type is WAY WRONG. Given the origin, he is probably a mix. For that matter, the cornish hen doesn't look very cornish. Head looks wrong.

Of course, dorkings have 5 toes, too
wink.png

Yes, he looks salmon, but NOT a faverolle. Type is WAY off for that. Ditto for Old English, type is WAY WRONG. Given the origin, he is probably a mix. For that matter, the cornish hen doesn't look very cornish. Head looks wrong.

I must change my mind...I agree...
I only looked at color and jumped too quickly to reply!.
I do believe the Cornish ID is correct. Feather coloring is correct. Head lookes just like some of mine. And feather colors and patterns are correct for a pullet.

Back
Top Bottom