old hatchrite incubator

I know this is an old post about your Hatchrite incubator. If you are still interested I know where you can find parts and information. I live in Idaho and I’m rebuilding a Hatchrite MP-84. I contacted the guy from Sunny creek farms and do believe he is very knowledgeable however I also heard from several people that he is not real trustworthy. He asked me to send him $150.00 and he would look to see if he had an operator’s manual for the incubator. He would not even look until he had the money. Made me a little nervous. I did find a guy that use to work for Hatchrite in Oklahoma I believe he was part owner. He does have some parts from when they closed down. Including the computer boards. I contacted him and he sent me the information I needed at no charge. If you would like his info let me know and I’ll send it to you!

After I got my Hatchrite MP-84 running I realized that it was just way bigger than I wanted to mess with so now I’m going to sell it (Cheap) hope to get enough to buy a couple of 1588 Hova-Bators instead.

Kekko,

Yes, I found the same two guys and the one from Sunny Creek Farms gave me the same bad vibes you got. He wanted money up front, would not send any sample manual pages prior to the sale and failed to answer *any* of my pre-sales questions. I won't be doing business with him.

The guy in Oklahoma (Daryl Martinez) is very nice, but it is hard to get a hold of him - he said he has a manual for my machine at one point, but stopped answering my emails. He mentioned he wants to get out of the Hatchrite support biz, so I suppose he took that step sooner rather than later
hmm.png

It sounds like you have the same model as I do. Would you like to sell a copy of the manual? You can take it to Kinkos or some other commercial copy/shipping stores and they can do the duplication/binding/shipping. I'd be happy to pay for it and your trouble. That way you'd have a copy for me and one to give to the person that buys your machine.

Write me back here if you are interested and we can swap contact information off line.

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy

Last edited:
This is in response to an old post about the hatchrite incubator. We came across a guy who is selling one here in Texas. I am glad to see other people are having an issue with finding parts and information on this incubator. Does anyone know what an incubator/brooder is worth?

I sold the one I had for $300 2 years ago with all the documentation I put together on it on a CD.

Hint if the Rollers and bands are wore so they won't turn use Vet Wrap on the rollers to tighten the bands!

Here is mine, full of Muscovy eggs. Just did a hatch of some Icelandic chickens a few weeks ago.

The bottom drawer has been converted into a hatcher. You can see a Muscovy duckling peeking out in the lower left corner, plus a bunch of pipped eggs:

I am a software/computer hardware engineer, so I am writing some updated software for the thing to manage egg batches, monitor temp/humidity remotely, send me emails, Etc.

I now have manuals for this model, and can send one out via email to anyone that wants one - free. Caveat: The manual really sucks, and doesn't tell you a lot about how to fix it. I have it in PDF format, and it is small enough to email.

I can answer most questions and give you BYCers pointers on how to go about fixing one. I completely rebuilt mine. I've replaced many of the computer chips on the internal motherboard, all the belts, fan, humidfier and figured out how the old software worked.

I am very happy with mine - I bought it for about $200 and put another $150-200 into it in parts. Don't ask about how many hours of work though :)

Best regards,

Kevin G. McCoy

I have a large Hatchrite incubator that was given to me. It is seven feet tall and four feet wide. It has six trays with rollers. I could not get the digital temperature control to word, therefore could not get the digital humidifier control to work either. I mounted a wafer thermostat in it, and a tray of water and it works like a charm. I wired one of the heaters to the fan power and wallahhhh. This thing is the mother ship. I actually have a buyer for it who is interested in finding more rollers for it. Once I adjusted the rollers from emu eggs to chicken eggs there were some trays that I have no rollers in. If anyone knows where I can get rollers let me know.

Back
Top Bottom