old hen

Sorry Blondiechic I do not mean to offend anyone. HOWEVER NO I would not take a chicken to the vet. There is not a whole lot they can do and most vets do not practice on chickens. Sorry I would not spend countless money on a chicken when I EAT a few of them a week from the grocery store. Unless you are a vegetarian...which I am not animals are slaughtered for me everyday. Not pretty but it is a reality.

I agree, I would never consider taking poultry to the vet. It is a matter of opinion that each person must decide for themselves as to where a chicken stands. For me, I believe chickens belong in the food chain.

Thank You all for saying so. I do not believe it is wrong to humanely process a chicken. Or put a suffering bird out of it's misery. IF I had taken her to the vet (if I could find one that would mess with poultry) she would have suffered at the vets office until she died and then I would have a gotten a bill for several hundred dollars. Common sense must prevail! I believe the OP was asking for ways to use an old hens meat...not IF he should process her. No one should feel guilty about providing food for their family. I sympathize with the OP as we will all be in that position someday.

what me and my dad agreed on is that we won kill unless i decide to so i am going to post adds and see what i can do and i wont half to have the memory of takeing her out cause my dad agrred he would do it if he has to ps thank you all for posting

Back
Top Bottom