OLD LURKER, NEW MEMBER

BoogieWight

Chirping
Oct 23, 2020
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not really new at all, I don't think I can honestly even remember my first birds.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Down to around 40ish depending on if your counting very young birds or not.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Ancona, Brown Leghorn, Campine, Cemani, Dorking, Chantecler(partridge), Euskal Oiloa, Fayoumi, Minorca, Various American Game, Barred Holland, Liege Game, Tomaru, and lots of mixes in between.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The simplicity and the required effort involved is paid back in so many ways that are just hard to find any anything else. The other aspect i like is how complex it can be if you so desire, and the things that you can still learn even if you have had birds your whole life.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Reason that I finally joined:
I've been using the site for a long time and find it odd sometimes that with all of the collective knowledge here and availability to share what some have/have seen some simple questions or just curiosities go unanswered or worse they will be given a copy and paste from some blog that seems like it was written by someone doing a school project on something they don't have experience with. The point is that I feel guilty for using such a good site as a resource, but never really contributing. Plus I've got loads of questions to ask as well.
[/FONT]

Welcome to BYC. We are so Egg-cited you decided to finally join this very knowledgeable group of peeps.
Yes, we welcome your knowledge with raising back yard chickens.
Where are you on the globe?
We have members from all of the globe.
Look around and post pictures of your flock.
Welcome to BYC.

Last edited:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Not really new at all, I don't think I can honestly even remember my first birds.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Down to around 40ish depending on if your counting very young birds or not.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Ancona, Brown Leghorn, Campine, Cemani, Dorking, Chantecler(partridge), Euskal Oiloa, Fayoumi, Minorca, Various American Game, Barred Holland, Liege Game, Tomaru, and lots of mixes in between.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? The simplicity and the required effort involved is paid back in so many ways that are just hard to find any anything else. The other aspect i like is how complex it can be if you so desire, and the things that you can still learn even if you have had birds your whole life.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Reason that I finally joined:
I've been using the site for a long time and find it odd sometimes that with all of the collective knowledge here and availability to share what some have/have seen some simple questions or just curiosities go unanswered or worse they will be given a copy and paste from some blog that seems like it was written by someone doing a school project on something they don't have experience with. The point is that I feel guilty for using such a good site as a resource, but never really contributing. Plus I've got loads of questions to ask as well.
[/FONT]
:welcome :welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom