Old -New member

Zootopiausa

Chirping
Aug 2, 2020
Abilene, Texas
I haven't been on in several years . I found BYC when I was recovering from foot surgery like 13-14 yrs ago, spent 3 mo reading and asking questions. I started a small flock, bought a small incubator, learned to hatch then was an avid bidder for some primo eggs. I had BC Marans, Jubilee Orp, Exchequer, Delaware, Welsumer, New Hampshire, Aracauna, Olive Eggers and my Favorite Black Giants. Had about 125 or so and a decent fresh egg/chick business, all while working nights at the Zoo as a dietitian.
I hurt my neck and back 7 yrs ago and spent the winter in bed. Sold my cabinet incubator and all but a few odds and ends for family eggs. Man was I Depressed! I'm permanently disabled with lots of time on my hands to figure out how I can do things like move feed and catch wayward birds my way. My grandson is 11 and doesn't remember the "rainbow" egg basket but enjoys helping with the birds. He's been asking for a "pet" so I thought it was time to reconnect. Looking forward to butchering some broilers next week
Also I was just starting to learn about caponing when I got hurt so looking forward to picking back up on that. I'm Back!

Back
Top Bottom