Old newbie...anticipating second try with chickens!!!

ChickieNikki

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
1 hour west of St. Louis, MO
Hi! I have been SOOOOO sad since we got rid of our 22 chickens...neighbors were very nasty, and even though we had the law and the restrictions on our side, we gave away our chickens (to my best friend, so we still see them and get eggs), and sold our coop (for almost the cost of the materials, so we did OK)...

So...we are getting ready to move to be closer to DH's work, and we are looking at small farmettes around Independence MO...the place we love right now is a brick ranch on 6 acres with a pond, and it is fenced and cross fenced, and DH said he can't wait to build me another coop and get more CHICKENS!!!! He also wants to get another Maremma/Anatolian cross puppy!!! I'M SO OVERJOYED!!!

It won't be until September when we get situated (if by God's grace this place works out!), but I'd get day-olds then if I could! This is such great news--I'm so glad to have a reason to be back here and not be SAD about missin' my chicks!!!

Hope all is well with everyone--can't wait to read and see pictures of all that everyone has going on!!!

dancegirl2.gif

I'm really happy for you. Sounds like the two of you are perfect flock tenders. Until September, when you get your own new flock, you can visit my hens on the site below. Wishing you best of luck in your "new life".
hugs.gif

Welcome Back, You've been Missed!!!

You're gonna just love having all that space for your peeps. I love the planning stage, oh what chicks to get? It is like potato chips, so many choices.

Now, you can pour over coop designs too, how eggciting. Maybe a bator? Hatch a few BYC eggs? Chooks in the bathtub? We will help feed your addiction, don't worry.

HenZ

welcome-byc.gif
back. Hope the place works out for you. How exciting it will be to have a new place, a pond, a puppy and CHICKS again.
jumpy.gif
D.gif
. Wishing you all the best.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom