Old solar panel...what would you do with it?

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, we bought a house that had 2 HUGE solar panels on the side. The panels are probably 4ft by 10 ft. They were used to add additional heat to the house.

When my husband was sandblasting the house (don't ask...ok I know you are curious..he wanted the easy way to get peeling paint off, and we ended up with some frosted windows too) He broke the front panel of glass (?) on one. The other is still intact.

The house was terribly neglected and the internal (in the house not the panels) parts were damaged by rain.

So what would you use them for? If I have a plan when we go to take them down, my husband will be less likely to craigslist them.

Thanks!!!!

Sounds like a good device to keep the coop warm for the winter!
cool.png

Litewings

I would seriously look into repairing the entire system and getting them
working. Thermal solar is extremely effective at producing heat and
reducing your fuel consumption.

A complete new system can be as little as $5000 and can pay for itself
quicky. You may be able to get your older system functional for MUCH less.

Every house should have thermal solar panels. It's one of the best and
cheapest forms of alternate energy out there.

I completely agree with purple ~ think of it as a $4000 bonus towards your future heat/ energy bills!! It may cost even $1000 to fix that panel, but it would be worth it ~ if you have to purchase solar new, as purple said, it will run you about $5000, and you will take much longer recouping your costs, however, with only a small investment, you will get a return on it far faster ~ what a fantastic blessing to you!
And if you do craigslist it ~ let me know ~ lol ~ I wanna deal!
~Red

Back
Top Bottom