Older Generation: Who is this cartoon character?

Google was not my friend either. It seems that Betty Boop always had dark hair & I saw nothing to make it Lil Orphan Annie.

A mystery to solve!!!
big_smile.png
Is that writing on it?? What does it say?

Asked FIL. He's 85 (I think)

He glanced at it and said that's the original Betty Boop.

So I looked
and wiki says this:

Betty Boop made her first appearance on August 9, 1930, in the cartoon Dizzy Dishes;[5] the sixth installment in Fleischer's Talkartoon series. Although Clara Bow is often given as being the model for Boop,[7] she actually began as a caricature of singer Helen Kane.[8] The character was originally created as an anthropomorphic French poodle.
Max Fleischer finalized Betty Boop as a human character in 1932, in the cartoon Any Rags. Her floppy poodle ears became hoop earrings, and her black poodle nose became a girl's button-like nose. Betty Boop appeared as a supporting character in 10 cartoons as a flapper girl with more heart than brains. In individual cartoons, she was called "Nancy Lee" or "Nan McGrew" – derived from the 1930 Helen Kane film Dangerous Nan McGrew – usually serving as a girlfriend to studio star, Bimbo.

Her hair was also originally red.
hu.gif
Dunno. Way before my time. Doesn't look like any Betty Boop incarnation I am familiar with and I could not find another picture....​

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Asked FIL. He's 85 (I think)

He glanced at it and said that's the original Betty Boop.

So I looked
and wiki says this:

Betty Boop made her first appearance on August 9, 1930, in the cartoon Dizzy Dishes;[5] the sixth installment in Fleischer's Talkartoon series. Although Clara Bow is often given as being the model for Boop,[7] she actually began as a caricature of singer Helen Kane.[8] The character was originally created as an anthropomorphic French poodle.
Max Fleischer finalized Betty Boop as a human character in 1932, in the cartoon Any Rags. Her floppy poodle ears became hoop earrings, and her black poodle nose became a girl's button-like nose. Betty Boop appeared as a supporting character in 10 cartoons as a flapper girl with more heart than brains. In individual cartoons, she was called "Nancy Lee" or "Nan McGrew" – derived from the 1930 Helen Kane film Dangerous Nan McGrew – usually serving as a girlfriend to studio star, Bimbo.

Her hair was also originally red.
hu.gif
Dunno. Way before my time. Doesn't look like any Betty Boop incarnation I am familiar with and I could not find another picture....​

Thanks!!! I passed the information along.

The pic is from a FB friend who reposted it for a friend who reposted it for another friend.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom