Olive egger eggs changing colours

Crystal Chicken

Chirping
Mar 29, 2023
Ontario, Canada
So my olive egger laid her first egg a few days ago and it was a beautiful sage green colour. She laid her second one today and it's way more brown 😭 I watched her lay both on a camera so I know they are hers. I am guessing the copper Maran browns are winning in her genes. 😭 her sisters eggs are the same brown colour .. I'm so sad

Attachments

• 1000007867.jpg
    1000007867.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 77
So my olive egger laid her first egg a few days ago and it was a beautiful sage green colour. She laid her second one today and it's way more brown 😭 I watched her lay both on a camera so I know they are hers. I am guessing the copper Maran browns are winning in her genes. 😭 her sisters eggs are the same brown colour .. I'm so sad
When they start laying you may get a variety of color. Green eggs are just blue with a coat of brown on top. So there is still a chance she will lay sage green again. Just give her sometime to regulate.

Did she lay green again? I have a new layer, she’s laid 5 eggs, first one was miscolored crazy and soft shell. The next 3 were green, the next one was different different green little more blue. Curious to see what she ends up doing. I need to set a trail cam up and figure it out. Disregard the brown eggs completely different flock. The girl who’s laying these is shown. (Picture is 2.5. Weeks old) her comb and waddles are big and bright now. The leg horn is up next to start laying judging on waddles and combs. The other 6 still have plenty of time left.

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3555.jpeg
    IMG_3555.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom