Olive egger? Hen?

This chick has me stumped. Purchased as an olive egger. Chick is 6 weeks old. Barring, that is more white. Legs are yellow with black. Comb reddish and wattle visible. The feed store I purchased from uses 2 hatcheries. I have looked at both of their websites. One hatchery olive eggers are cream legbar cuckoo Marin crosses. Other hatchery EE and either Barnvelder or Welsummer. Chick was black with white when picked up, so guessing from first hatchery mentioned. Thinking it’s a male, but seem to be some conflicting identifiers. Thoughts?

Pictures from last week
I am trying to figure out the very same thing. My Olive Oil is supposed to be an Olive Egger and I buy from a great farm store. She was black with cream spot on her head and now she looks like a Cukcoo Maran or Barred Rock. At 8 weeks she has a large comb and waddle…I am beginning to think Olive Oli might be a Popeye!

I am trying to figure out the very same thing. My Olive Oil is supposed to be an Olive Egger and I buy from a great farm store. She was black with cream spot on her head and now she looks like a Cukcoo Maran or Barred Rock. At 8 weeks she has a large comb and waddle…I am beginning to think Olive Oli might be a Popeye!

Attachments

• IMG_6415.jpeg
    IMG_6415.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6417.jpeg
    IMG_6417.jpeg
    632.8 KB · Views: 11
Never gave update on this little one. It did end up being an olive egger rooster. Found him a new home the weekend he started crowing. This is him with a couple of my barred rock females and a production blue before he went to his new home.

Attachments

• 170A2006-030C-4860-BB7A-B08527DC885A.jpeg
    170A2006-030C-4860-BB7A-B08527DC885A.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom