OLIVE EGGER? or.. BROWN egger?

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
Iโ€™ve had some that have never squatted either. Look more at the comb and wattle development, if theyโ€™re getting really red then she should be close.
My teenage daughter told me, knowing my luck the eggs will be brown. My OE will be one of the 3%๐Ÿคฃ
I think by listing this number gives the hatchery an out if they get a brown egg layer, so people canโ€™t complain.๐Ÿ˜Š

All4Eggz

๐•๐•–๐•ค๐•ฆ๐•ค + โ„‚๐•™๐•š๐•”๐•œ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ค = ๐“๐“ต๐“ต ๐“˜ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
Photos of her?
How many birds do you have, and how many eggs do you I get a day?
Unfortunately they are in the coop sleeping and I can't get any pictures right now. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.

I have more birds than I can count! - lol :lol:
around 40+ birds - including chicks (not laying yet), older hens, cockerels, and roosters.
for laying hens, I think I have around 25. We get a dozen on a good day, but usually more like 8-11.

LadiesAndJane

Life is good...
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
May 16, 2014
Hawaii
She is from Tractor Supply, so I assume she will not lay olive colored eggs.
Keep me updated on what color eggs you get, and pictures please!

My olive egger is gorgeous - All black, with cute little ear tufts and beard. Her feathers look green in the sun.
I had one like that, she was half Ameraucana and half BCM and she laid the most gorgeous dark olive green eggs. Ended up selling her because she wasnโ€™t so nice to some of my other birds.
My current OE is half Welsummer and half CCL. From what I have seen from others, their eggs tend to be a bit lighter green.๐Ÿ˜Š

All4Eggz

๐•๐•–๐•ค๐•ฆ๐•ค + โ„‚๐•™๐•š๐•”๐•œ๐•–๐•Ÿ๐•ค = ๐“๐“ต๐“ต ๐“˜ ๐“๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
Maybe she is EE x dark egg layer or something?๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ
Maybe. She was purchased as an olive egger. And funny story- I wouldn't have her if it wasn't for the death of my other buff orpington. --
My baby buff orpington chick (from TSC) died suddenly the day after we bought her. We came to TSC, explained our situation, and they let us pick out another pullet. Now they had just restocked with new breeds, and we were extremely lucky to get our hands on beautiful Olivia.

JustBabyMargo

Shelly the crossbeakโค๏ธ
Premium Feather Member
Jul 7, 2021
Oregon
Maybe. She was purchased as an olive egger. And funny story- I wouldn't have her if it wasn't for the death of my other buff orpington. --
My baby buff orpington chick (from TSC) died suddenly the day after we bought her. We came to TSC, explained our situation, and they let us pick out another pullet. Now they had just restocked with new breeds, and we were extremely lucky to get our hands on beautiful Olivia.
Aww. Is her name really Olivia!?!?๐Ÿ˜ฑโค๏ธ I love it!!๐Ÿ˜Š

All4Eggz

Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
A lot of hatchery OEs don't lay olive eggs.
Being from TSC you beat the odds by at least getting close to the right breed and a female.
:lol:

Thank you. I thought that might've been the case

All4Eggz

Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
Funny how much of a chain reaction some things have. You sometimes don't realize that you have what you might not have had, and you are what you might not have been.

โ˜€๏ธ Everything happens for a reason โค๏ธ

Top Bottom