Olive Egger Rooster FL Panhandle

joannefiddler

Songster
8 Years
Jun 19, 2013
Baker, FL (Western Panhandle)
This is Mr. Smith. He is a 9 month old Olive Egger rooster complete with beard and ear muffs. I have another rooster that is part of a Cochin pair, and I simply don't have enough hens to keep both roosters occupied. He does all the typical rooster things...watches for hawks, calls the girls when there are goodies, passes along his genetic material, etc.​

I'm in Baker County Florida, and am interested in a rooster. I've just begun my flock though. I'm getting chicks (just finished the coop build), would he be content while they grow? I'm trying to find some age appropriate hens, but not having much luck in our area. Please let me know your thoughts. I want to keep everyone happy!

~Trinity 904-309-0306

Hi there and thanks for your interest! I'm afraid I'm not near you. I'm in Okaloosa county which is near Pensacola. I think you should wait for your little ones to grow anyway. ..roosters are not always patient with chicks. I wish you all the best with your chicken adventure! You'll love them!

Thank you for your advice. I will continue looking for someone near me that has some available.

Back
Top Bottom