Olive Egger x Barred Rock

Cycomiko

Songster
5 Years
May 27, 2017
Western Maryland
Just curious, if I cross an F2 or F3 Olive Egger rooster with a Barred Rock hen, would the offspring be sex-linked? I'm still trying to study the genetics, but these look like BCM, colors true. The only difference, one is dark legged clean with straight comb and the other feather legged pale legged. Would the mutt aspect play into this not working? Both showing between 12 and 14 weeks. Just planning for future offspring.

Poe, I hope he stays cool with me for life. Will walk up to my face, 4 inches away, and we just do nothing. His neck feathers calm, all is good. He isn't pushy with the pullets either.
IMG_2209.jpg

Magnificent colors, Brett is a month ahead of his brothers in development, but will not look at an iPhone for a pic. A little spastic, but won't leave the pullets to go on their own.
IMG_2388.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2163.JPG
    IMG_2163.JPG
    662.8 KB · Views: 11
They should be sex-linked... With the emphasis on should. With the roos being barred and pullets being black/black copper.
Thank you. Is barring reprensented by a white dot on head at day 1? I only got the barred rock hens at week 6, the olives, I hatched.

They will be black sexlinks. And it's a type of sexlink that will work with just about any rooster, so long as the hen is barred. It's that barred hen that is the important part of the equation.
I've bred some using an Easter Egger rooster and Barred Rock hens. The offspring still lay daily at 3.5 years of age.

They will be black sexlinks. And it's a type of sexlink that will work with just about any rooster, so long as the hen is barred. It's that barred hen that is the important part of the equation.
I've bred some using an Easter Egger rooster and Barred Rock hens. The offspring still lay daily at 3.5 years of age.
Thanks for that explanation. Clears up a misconception I had.

Back
Top Bottom