1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Olive & Ivy

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by inputoutput, Nov 3, 2011.

1. inputoutput

inputoutput Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Cumberland, MD
    <- My two leghorns, Olive & Ivy taking a dust bath!

They love them so much! Happy sounds. When I took this video I thought the one with a floppy comb, Olive was a boy- Then I realized that SHE was the one laying the eggs and the other was just stunted! Ivy passed away though which is sad. She never was into eating bugs or anything other than the crumbles/pellets no matter how much I tried (she would literally dig up a worm then stare at it and walk away) and had only just started laying for about a week before she went. Sad, but she had a good life as short as it was. I hand raised these from chicks and I will never buy a grown bird- They were so bonded to me I could call them and they'd come running, lay on the ground and they'd sit with me, hold them and give them scritches. Really amazing animals that defy everything negative you hear about chickens!!!

2. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    watching them "bathing" never gets old! I love it! Sorry you lost Ivy, funny how attached we get to our chickens...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by