OMBeegeesis! Veining in duck eggs!

lickskillet

*Home of the Shoveler*
11 Years
Jan 16, 2009
Kentucky
This is my 3rd EVER incubation! A neighbor called me on Sunday, and wanted to know if I wanted to try incubating some duck eggs. This person donated our first chicken eggs to put in the bator, as we don't have a roo, just hens. I said sure, I'll give it a go! So I have 6 Rouen eggies in the bator, and candled tonight, all six have VEINS now!!!
ep.gif
Two of which have what looks like small pip holes that have not perforated the membrane (in other words CRACKS)! I just don't believe it! With my first incubation, I accidentaly tapped an egg on the flashlight while candling (OOPS), and it had a pretty big crack and still hatched, so I'm hoping these will do as well. I'm just so shocked that for one, I have DUCK eggs in the bator, and for another that they are GROWING!
th.gif
I said to DH, "What are we gonna do with all these ducks if they hatch?" He said "Give them BACK"! LOLOL
lau.gif
BTW I've been on here reading EVERYTHING I can about duck incubation, about 90 pages in the waterfowl forum! Is there a duck incubation/hatch STICKY anywhere?? Thank the stars for BYC!!!!
clap.gif
And thanks for listening
big_smile.png

Wifezilla wrote:
Just keep that humidity HIGH at the end and you will be OK

I have been watching the humidity like a hawk!
thumbsup.gif

Jenski wrote:
Congratulations!!!!

Baby ducks are adorable. You are going to have so much fun with them!

THANKS!! We can't wait to see these yellow fuzzies!
ya.gif

Pumpkinpup wrote:
Baby Duckies, OH BOY!!!!

He-he! Shoot, if we can hatch some SHIPPED EGGS
wink.png
what's a few ducks eggs, right?
lau.gif
gig.gif

wee.gif

C1 and C2 stand for the cracked eggs. LOL I have them in the front to keep a close eye on for seeping....
hh.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom