OMG! Double yolk quail eggs.

Twins may develop, but they almost never hatch. They can't get into proper position to pip and get out of the egg.
Yes but in rare cases they do, and more eggs increase the chance of one successfully hatching. If there is one double yolk egg, it is unlikely to hatch, but if there is fifty or one hundred then it's more likely for at least one to hatch. If I had quail or ducks or whatever and they made lots of double yolk eggs, I would at least give it a shot.

Yes, I've found that the first week of when my hens start laying 90% of the time they are double yolkers, I don't know where but I read that when they first start laying they are most likely double yolked eggs.

I got 2 giant (20g) double-yolkers in the first ~2 weeks of one of my hens laying, they also had a "seam" in the center and looked like 2 eggs that had fused... but only twice, thankfully, after that they leveled out and became more "normal" shaped 😅

I got 2 giant (20g) double-yolkers in the first ~2 weeks of one of my hens laying, they also had a "seam" in the center and looked like 2 eggs that had fused... but only twice, thankfully, after that they leveled out and became more "normal" shaped 😅
My quail should start laying soon and I have males in with females..
If they lay double yolkers and are fertile I'm definitely putting them in the incubator

Back
Top Bottom