OMG!!!!! FIRST EVER DUCKLING HATCH!

kzane23

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 22, 2013
Northern NM
Monday is SOOOOOO far away! I have 2 eggs set to hatch on Monday (Maybe just one..) and the suspense is killing me! The Daddy is a Big white Pekin and the momma is a pretty little Blue Swedish! Does anyone have ducks of that particular breeding? I'm so hoping that I get a blue baby!!!!

hugs.gif

he.gif
hit.gif
No duckies. I finally found my super bright LED flash light and candled them. Today was Day 24 and both had huge amounts of clear space on both ends of the egg. The egg that had appeared to be completely dark with my actual egg candler showed the same clear places with the LED. Upon opening the eggs, both had started to form but hadn't even developed limbs. The darker one barely had the beginnings of a bill nub :(

I'm so sorry, hun...can you tell us what kind of setup you have? Temp/humidity/etc?

We, like I said, these guys had been at the elementary school until yesterday. They didn't have a way to measure humidity and the thermometer they we using (red liquid one) looks like the red line divided. both eggs had the evil jelly blobs in them.

We, like I said, these guys had been at the elementary school until yesterday. They didn't have a way to measure humidity and the thermometer they we using (red liquid one) looks like the red line divided. both eggs had the evil jelly blobs in them.

The poor babies...hopefully this tragedy can teach a valuable lesson: Humidity and temperature have GOT to be monitored!

Back
Top Bottom