OMG!! Geko on the ceilling!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Sumatra503, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Today my House Geko escaped and ran straight up the wall. I had the hardest time catching him and he hates being handles. I had to use a margerine container. He just sat there staring at me and laughing.

No pics, cause I was to busy freaking out to take any.

2. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    That's sooo funny!!!! Wish there were pictures, that would be fun to remember. Glad you caught him though.

3. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    I'm sure that was traumatic but very [​IMG] now!

4. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, good thing you were able to catch him before he made an escape!

That reminds me of one time when I was little. I had my pet green tree frogs sitting on my toy horses (don't ask why, I was six years old...) and left the room for a moment. When I came back, the frogs were gone! I spent hours searching the whole room for them, completely distraught, and after hours of searching began to give up hope. I flopped down on the bed (after being certain there were no frogs there), and...lo and behold, there they were on the ceiling! I laughed so hard. They were successfully recovered and put back in their tanks, and lived good long lives. [​IMG]

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Time to call the Geigo company for Lost and Found section!

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:I lost a frog when I was about 8 or so... my mom found it as she was about to take a shower! LOL It was sitting on one of the shampoo bottles!

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    The same nearly happened when I had my iguana! I won him (or her?) at a festival game and I took it out to show some friends. The darn thing ended up crawling all the way up our fireplace (made of stone). We had to get a ladder out and even then he ran away and climbed all over our shades... until he got on the linoleum floor in the kitchen [​IMG] then he couldn't run anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    I lost my day gecko that way. He crawled up the wall,and onto the ceiling, I couldn't get him. I can't remember at what point I quit trying but I never did catch him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by