1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG! Good Thing I looked at the Bator!!!1 is out another pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lockedhearts, May 24, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I just happened to check the incubator, was looking at my 11 mix eggs that should be moved to the hatcher Monday. I had 3 eggs that I was not real sure when I set them , things got out of control with my multiple sets and I left these 3 off the calendar. Anyway, one of those had a pip! So I quickly moved all 3 to the hatcher and I could feel them all moving in the shell, how cool!
    I am still hoping that some of these mixes will be pure cochins from my roo and hen, so far it looks like the mamas for the previous 3 are the RIR and BO hen.

One chick is here already, little booger hatched with lightening speed, as I was watching it the other egg pipped, I actually heard it pip!!!!

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Congratulations [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Congrats!! [​IMG] Glad someone is seeing some hatching action around here, I'm still patiently waiting for mine to start!

4. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG]

5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Well all 3 hatched within 18hours of me seeing the first pip!
    I juat moved them to a temporary brooder. We are finishing the coop and getting ready to send the 1 month olds to the barn and the big chickens from barn to coop.
    So I will end up with 3 larg totes, for now, in my bathroom.
    I move the 11 mix eggs tomorrow and hope to heck they hatch quickly as my Phoenix eggs need to move next weekend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by