Omg, I’ve got babies

Rosie65

Chirping
Dec 29, 2019
Lapel, Indiania
This was my first attempt so didn’t really think I’d have much luck. 6 eggs in and one is out with another pipping. So, humidity is 67% with the vent fully open so it’s dropping slowly. The one that’s out is moving around and chirping On and off. Do I need to give him water and food or can I really just leave him in there for another 24 hours. He’s very wet but he’s only been fully out for minutes

Congratulations! You can leave him in. He doesn’t need food and water yet. I’ve heard that their bumping around might stimulate more eggs to hatch. I’ve only incubated eggs once and it was way cool!
Thank you. It looks so weak and helpless But I shall resist the urge to interfere.

don't open until the chick dried out and no other eggs pipped. they can stay in for up to 2 days if necessary

Congratulations!
Warm your brooder up now.
As soon as he finds his feet it's safe to move him.

Make sure you have a thermometer in your brooder so it doesn't get too hot.

Oh boy...I see now the date of the OP.

How did the rest of the eggs do?

Oh boy...I see now the date of the OP.

How did the rest of the eggs do?
Thanks for asking. when I removed the other two chicks I took the last 3 eggs out and it turns out they weren’t fertilised so 100%. I’ll move the 3rd chick over in an hour or so as he’s been out 28 hours now. The other two are eating and drinking just fine.

Thanks for asking. when I removed the other two chicks I took the last 3 eggs out and it turns out they weren’t fertilised so 100%. I’ll move the 3rd chick over in an hour or so as he’s been out 28 hours now. The other two are eating and drinking just fine.
Oh my..
Move that last one now.

Back
Top Bottom