1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

OMG!!!! My first eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by hispoptart, Aug 21, 2011.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Not sure who they are from, I have 2 RIR's and 2 BR's . The smaller one was from 8/20 and the bigger one was from today! I am so excited!!!![​IMG][​IMG] I think they are from my very aggressive RIR , but I don't know for sure. Whoever they came from works for me, I HAVE EGGS!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Cool.. my brahmas just started laying..GOTTA LOVE IT!

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] Congrats. [​IMG]

4. hispoptart

hispoptart Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Thanks, I am just so excited!!! Can't wait for more.

5. MichenerFarm

MichenerFarm In the Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    The Wild West
    Congrats! I can't know for sure but I think these are from your RIR's. I have both of these breeds- my BR eggs are a little lighter in color.

6. clairabean

clairabean Songster

Nov 7, 2010
    Kootenays of BC!
    They are glorious![​IMG]

I am amazed on how perfect a chicken can make an egg. Just amazing.[​IMG]

7. hispoptart

hispoptart Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:Thanks you may have just saved a chickens life. The one RIR that I think may have layed these eggs has become very aggressive. She has attacked me several times, but now that she is or may be laying I may spare her from camp.

8. hispoptart

hispoptart Songster

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Quote:I couldn't belive how perfect the first eggs were. From what I have read it takes them a few eggs to get it right, but these are just perfect [​IMG]

9. Atrayu

Atrayu Chirping

Aug 12, 2011
    Hermosa, South Dakota
    Congratulations! It is so great to see people post their first egg experience. I just adopted 15 hens two weeks ago who are just about to turn 6 months. I can't wait for my first egg to come. It is awesome to know that others feel the same anticipation and excitement at getting their first egg. A lot of people outside the chicken world don't understand.
    I can't wait to post my first egg.
    I celebrate with you!!!

10. nanawendy

nanawendy Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    hispoptart... I don't know for sure but it seems to me my new layers become cranky [​IMG] just prior to their first egg... and they do a lot of yacken [​IMG] too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by