OMG OMG OMG I have a PIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
My first time as well...i bought a hovabator 1602n off ebay....it has done well kept everything steady and right on from day1-18 had a lil issue with humidity first day of lockdown but got tht worked out.....i know what you mean about not sleepin much OY! well since you not working now you just hafta go into the chicken business!! What are you hatching for your first hatch?

Quote:
My first time as well...i bought a hovabator 1602n off ebay....it has done well kept everything steady and right on from day1-18 had a lil issue with humidity first day of lockdown but got tht worked out.....i know what you mean about not sleepin much OY! well since you not working now you just hafta go into the chicken business!! What are you hatching for your first hatch?

I'm thinking about ordering a Brinsea Octagon. I'm kinda tired of messing with this one. I threw it together pretty quick. I should have took more time and care. Chicken Biz would be cool! My eggs are from my Black Sex Links. (2nd generation), so probably going to be RIRs and Barred Rock. I don't have a roo, but when I got the hens last month they were caged with a Black Sex Link roo. It didn't dawn on me until on the way home with them that I might have fertilized eggs. I threw out 9 unfertilized out of 28.

Not that I 'needed' more chicks...lol

Quote:

I'm thinking about ordering a Brinsea Octagon. I'm kinda tired of messing with this one. I threw it together pretty quick. I should have took more time and care. Chicken Biz would be cool! My eggs are from my Black Sex Links. (2nd generation), so probably going to be RIRs and Barred Rock. I don't have a roo, but when I got the hens last month they were caged with a Black Sex Link roo. It didn't dawn on me until on the way home with them that I might have fertilized eggs. I threw out 9 unfertilized out of 28.

Not that I 'needed' more chicks...lol

Can NEVER have enough chickens!!! OOoOOO I like the name Chicken Biz!!! See your good to go!! How many chickens do you have ? Any action yet goin on in that bator?? I have been eyeing the Brinsea bators...now tht i am totally addicted to hatching
celebrate.gif

You guys got the bug!

So happy for your pip, and I hope they all hatch while you're gone and you come home in time to see a couple just popping out...because you will be sorely tempted to help.

NO TOUCHY!!!!!

I have 30. 6 hens and various aged chicks up to 6-7 weeks. I can see myself getting very addicted to hatching, though!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh me too!!!! Nothing like the rush ya get when ya see tht first pip!!!!! I have a small flock now but the hubby is building me a new bigger coop for all my new babies!!!!! Im expecting an order of 25 chickiebabies from Mcmurray hatchery the week of june 13th!!!! CAN"T wait for them to get here!!!!

Quote:
OK i confess...i gots the bug!!!I promise no touchy!!!! I can't WAIT to get home only 3 1/2 more hours!!! I am sooooooooo excited!!!
celebrate.gif
Do i need to be worried about the humidity spike as they are hatching??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom