omg please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jt813, Feb 17, 2012.

1. jt813

jt813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    [​IMG]ok so i got home today and my incubator was at 106 i dont know for how long i left a seventhirty this morning and it was at 99 but now im worried its been perfect for the last six days theyve been in their do youi think they will be ok

2. Belinda's Funny Farm

Belinda's Funny Farm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2010
    Texas
    [​IMG] I hope they are okay! It probably depends on how long they were that hot. I'm just on my 2nd hatch right now so not an expert at all. If they are just 6 days in there isn't even any movement yet to see if they are still developing. So I have no idea how you will be able to tell except to just wait and see if they keep developing. Hopefully you will hear soon from an experienced hatcher. Best of luck!

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    Some others have had this same problem recently. I don't know how much, if any, harm was actually done.

What you are measuring is air temperature. It takes a lot longer for the center of those eggs to warm up much. And you would be surprised at how tough a lot of those eggs really are.

Obviously a spike like that is not a good thing, but I don't know that any real harm was done. It depends on how hot the center of the egg actually got and how long it was that warm, just like Belinda said.

I'd suggest you wait a couple of days and candle them. With my brown eggs I have trouble being sure I am seeing the veining at day 6, so you might want to wait a couple of days. Then candle again say around day 14. You should be able to tell by then if they are still developing.

But mainly, I would not do anything rash. Be patient.

4. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Agreed. It might take hours for the Yolk of the egg to increase in Temp. I would candle about day 10-12 and see how they are developing. I hope that your eggs are Ok.

Nate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by