1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG....The babies are hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Maggie3, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Okay, the first one just busted out of it's shell!! I'm so excited my hearts racing and my hands are sweating. I really think it helps if you talk to them when they start coming out of the shell.

Wow, that is sooo amazing to watch. I've been taking pics but I need the help of my DH to load them. I'm so happy and I can't wait for my daughter to get home from school to see it!! WAHOO!!

2. cozycritters

cozycritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    YAY!!!!

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Yippieee!!!! pics?

4. Maggie3

Maggie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I'll be adding pics later this evening. I have to give "Crunchie" a big "Thank You" she sent me 6 free Cuckoo Marans eggs because she wasn't sure if they were fertile. So I can offically tell her that at least 2 so far are fertile because I have another one pipping. Oh the excitement!!

5. moonlitfarms

moonlitfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2007
    Indiana
    Congrats! [​IMG]

This is so fun to read these post, I can't wait till it's me. Mine are due to hatch 3-24 and my kids will be on spring break so I think I might take that day off to be a part of the excitment!!

6. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congratulations!
    [​IMG]

7. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    YAY!!! Oh, I'm so excited! Isn't it awesome!!??? Keep us updated and post pics when you can! These are the first ever babies from this trio of Cuckoos (though I have a dozen or more cooking in my 'bator right now)!

I'll have to go tell my roo Louis and his girls that they are parents! [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by