1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OMG the noisest rooster

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Keltic Fitz, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Keltic Fitz

Keltic Fitz Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    Santee Ca
    Hello Everyone one,

I have a rooster that crows five hours straight! OMG I am not kidding either. I have place a no crow collar on him so the crows are not as loud as they can be. Any ideas how to stop the constant crowing from him. I have tried the water hoses and that only works to keep him quit for a couple of hours at best. thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2017
  2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Maybe there are other roosters in the area. I know that my cockerel pipes up when he hears other roosters. As for keeping him quiet, I'm not sure.

3. Keltic Fitz

Keltic Fitz Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2012
    Santee Ca
    thanks for the reply. he is the only rooster around. I live in an urban area and want to be a good neighbor in not creating to much noise with the chickens. I guess I will continue trying to stop so much crowing with the water hose.

4. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
    Wanting to be a good neighbor is admirable. Maybe instead of punishing him for doing what comes naturally, you should find him a new home. Roosters crow. It's their nature to do so.

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    x2
    That makes good sense to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by